August 21, 2009, Newsletter Issue #65: Hiring an Architect to Remodel Your Kitchen

Tip of the Week

When remodeling a kitchen, there are a variety of professionals you can hire. Once such professional is an architect. If you plan significant structural changes to your kitche--such as tearing out walls--an architect may be a good choice. However, choose one that has residential experience versus commercial experience unless he or she has designed restaurant kitchens. Keep in mind, your kitchen is a room where you spend much time.

Hiring the right architect is key. The letters AIA after a particular architect's name indicate that person is a member of the American Institute of Architects, a national association with some local chapters that may refer architects to you. Architects are specially skilled in major construction and will give you options if tearing out areas are not allowable due to the structure of your house. An architect may refer you to a kitchen contractor but always check that company out yourself.

Architects will likely have much experience with contractors they can trust but you should still do your due diligence. If an architect refuses to do business with a contractor you prefer, you may want to find another to handle the job.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Cabinet Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Joe Wallace